Edmonton became a Branch of the Alberta Genealogical Society (AGS) in March 1974. Our members have been preserving, researching, and publishing their own family histories and that of our province’s families ever since!
Membership with AGS and Edmonton Branch allows access to our library holdings which include reference sources, periodicals, books, microfiche, microfilm and CD’s.
Members are invited to participate in Special Interest Groups who meet to share knowledge, resources and to help solve ‘genealogical road blocks’ relating to a specific country.
Branch general meetings are open to members and non-members. Programs presented are of general interest to genealogists, from beginners to advanced.
There are ten Branches throughout Alberta. Edmonton Branch has about 425 members. Detailed membership information at AGS Membership Information.
The AGS Edmonton Branch offers many opportunities for Volunteer’s to participate: creating indexes from genealogical source material, assisting in the library, cemetery recording, fund raising, and/or serving on a committee. Inquire today!
Executive Officers & Committees
The Executive Officers and Committee Chairs serve the Edmonton Branch membership and welcome contact by email.
- Index to the 1901 Census: Alberta District (No. 202)
- Index to the 1901 census: Assiniboia East District (No. 203)
- Index to the 1901 Census: Assiniboia West District (No. 204)
- Index to the 1901 Census: Saskatchewan District (No. 205)
- Index to the 1901 Census: Unorganized Territory of Athabasca (No. 206a)
- Edmonton Branch AGS Library Holdings
- Alberta Genealogical Society Publications